• Social Media Link

  • Baby Eisley Helen… the newest Paul

    Monday, May 13 | Comments

    You might remember one of my best friends Jason and April from their engagement shoot or their maternity shoot, but they just had her first little baby and I am SO SO SO excited! I was bummed that I wouldn’t get to meet her until she was close to a month old, but we booked a very last minute wedding down in California so we headed down there last weekend. They were our first stop and right when we walked through the door she handed me little Eisley. This is one of the prettiest little babies I have ever seen, she looks just like her mama. There was no planned photo shoot, I just brought along my camera in case it came up. The second I saw that baby I couldn’t resist photographing her! She’s just so flippin cute!

    April had a 69 HOUR labor!!!! WHAT the crap… I thought my 30 was intense. She was actually there for my home birth, well, part of it. It took so long and he came so many days late that she ended up having to fly home in the middle of it {after pushing her flight back 3 times} and she missed it by 12 hours! She didn’t get to meet Myles until he was 11 weeks old, it was a bummer. I’m so glad I got to meet little Eisley when she was just 2 weeks old.

    On a side note, our new blog/website is so close to being done!!! We are so excited for our very needed update! I can’t wait for it to go live!

    I asked April to share a quick version of her birth story, here it is:

    I woke up to contractions at 6:30am Sunday morning. I wanted to make sure it was real, so I went through some of the steps that we had learned in our Bradley Method class. I got up, ate some cereal, walked around my apartment, and finally took a bath. My contractions continued through all of this so I decided to take a shower and go back to sleep. At around 8:30 when I was going to start my shower I threw up about 5 times. This in turn woke up Jason who didn’t know i was in labor at the time. Around 9am I got back into bed and managed to get about 3 more hours of sleep. 
    My contractions continued through out the day. At around 1am we called our midwife to meet us at the birth center. Jason, myself, and my sister went to the birth center and the midwife said I was only at 2cm, and that she couldn’t admit me until I was at a 5. So we went home to try and get some rest. 
    It was too painful for me to lay on my side in bed, so I slept sitting up on the couch in the living room. I managed to get about 4 hours of sleep between contractions.
    At 1pm the next day we went back to the birth center and she told us we were only still at 2cm. We walked around a neighboring park for about 2 hours to try and get me more dilated, but it only pushed me to a 3. So we went BACK home and hunkered down once again. Since the walking helped me before, Jason had me walk continuously around our apartment for 40 mins, then I rested for 20 with a heating pad on my back. Needless to say this was exhausting. 
    At 11pm we went back to the birth center for a 3rd time. I was definitely losing steam at this point. After I was checked, Jason and Alisson (our midwife) went into the hallway to talk and my sister and friend Hollie came in. At this point I was in tears and told them that I couldn’t go back home. I knew if I had I would have given up and gone to the hospital. Well we were allowed to stay at the birth center, and decided to get comfortable. 
    We labored all. Night. Long. And all. Morning. Long. At about 1pm Tuesday we decided to break my bag of waters. We figured this would help move the baby down and get my cervix going since I was only about 5cm. This definitely made my contractions a lot stronger and I spent the next 6 hours in the birth tub. 
    A few times I thought I was ready to push. Alisson advised me to bear down, try pushing, and if it didn’t feel good then I wasn’t ready. I tried pushing a few times, but it never felt right. At about 9pm We checked me again and I was only at 7cm! Alisson suggested that we maybe should go to the hospital. This way I could get something to give me some rest so I would have enough energy to push. This was something that Jason and I didn’t want to do. This is what we had tried to avoid all along. needless to say we were bummed. We knew we needed to have a serious discussion, just the two of us. So we went into the bathroom so we could be alone. After talking and crying for about an hour we decided that going to the hospital would allow both of us to get some rest and that way we would both be able to be emotionally and mentally present for our baby when she came.
    At the hospital we were checked in and put into a room pretty quickly. The doctor came in and checked me and said I was back at 5cm. This can sometimes happen when the birth process is interrupted. He also said that the baby was crooked and facing sunny side up. He advised us that a lot of times these end in C-Section but he was willing to give it a go with us. I asked for the lowest dose of epidural possible. Just enough to let me sleep, but I still wanted to feel when to push. He also wanted to give me pitocin to make my contractions stronger to try and push the baby down.
    At midnight I got the epidural, and at 2:45 the doctor came in and told me I was still at 5cm and that my cervix was swelling (I was going backwards!). he said he’d give me 2 more hours and then we needed to talk c-section. Well, the baby’s heart rate was not liking the pitocin/epidural mixture and kept dropping. This made the doctor concerned so Jason and I had to talk C-section way sooner than we thought. We decided that it’d be better to have the c-section now before she was really in distress, that way after she could come straight to us afterward. 
    The c-section process was crazy! Everyone moved so fast and there was so much pushing and pulling. What’s worse is they moved so quickly and the nurse who was supposed to bring Jason in moved so slowly that I was alone and Jason wasn’t in there when they took the baby out! 
    After 69 hours of labor we had our sweet baby in our arms. I don’t regret a single minute of it either.



    1. April says:

      OOOOOOOOHHHHHH MMMMMYYYY GGGGOOOOODDDNNNEEESSS!!! I can’t even handle these!! They’re so beautiful!!

    2. Heather says:

      I just love this little baby!!!!

    Leave a Reply

    Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

    You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>